Saturday 14 September 2013

SUMMER

So summer has been and gone, and with it my lack of blogging. It's been a hectic few months and I have spent most of it running around various fields, hence not being able to blog. But fear not, I'm back on track and ready to bombard you with beauty bits, baking recipes and general rambling.


But first, a catch up of what I've been doing with my summer...


First up was Glastonbury and the start of the zebra meeting point (and kind of the last, but not without trying!) Glastonbury can be summed up in one word. EPIC. Although we were there to work, it was very different to any of the other festivals I did and I literally can't wait for next year. I made some awesome friends, saw some great music and had an all round amazing time...all while being paid to be there! From meeting at the zebra, working in the worlds smallest 'bar', laughing until we cried to leaving in the most fitting way in the back of a flatbed Glastonbury was all round amazing. 

 (Yes, we found another zebra, although not as good as the first)

Next up was Latitude which a very different experience to Glastonbury. I set up camp in the utility room of the house we were running, and used an upside down bin as a chair all week (my back was not my friend). 


There were a few chances to get out into the arena and my absolute highlight was watching Jessie Ware side of stage. Awesome. 


After Latitude there was V festival where the was no work involved. A few of us just went for the day, and I think that was definitely enough for me! V was definitely an experience to say the least!


Then onto the penultimate festival of the season, Reading, which was good but sadly not my favourite of the season (Glastonbury was hard to beat!) 

I did get to enjoy quite a few bands including Eminem, Fall Out Boy which brought me back to my teens, Alex Clare who was really good and Bastille for the third time this year. 


The highlight of the weekend had to be Biffy Clyro. I've always liked them but never been too fussed about seeing them, but they put on an epic show and I got to enjoy it from side of stage which was incredible.


The season ended with Electric Picnic in Ireland, which was definitely...different. I've never seen so much cake in my life which was for the 10th birthday! 


All in all an amazing summer and now just to work out what's going to happen over the next few months. 

Megan x

No comments:

Post a Comment