Thursday 20 February 2014

The Wanderer Returns - Australia Part 1


Travelling is good for the soul. After spending 2 months away I really believe this is true. I decided, on a bit of a whim, to go travelling for a bit as I had just finished work and thought why not? I managed to recruit up my friend Emma and off we went! We spent a month in Australia, a week in Bali and 2 weeks in Cambodia teaching English. 

Australia

We flew into Melbourne just in time for New Year's Eve where we were able to watch the fireworks along the river. Not a bad way to ring in 2014. There was also the compulsory tour of the Neighbours set as well as a day trip to the Great Ocean Road. 


We hired a car to get us up to Cairns, and the next stop was Sydney. I love Sydney and could easily see myself living there. We caught up with friends, did the obligatory trip to the Opera House and drove over the Harbour Bridge.


After a few days we headed up the coast to Byron Bay. We were only there a couple of days and it managed to rain the whole time we were there, as you can see from this picture! I love Byron, but there wasn't too much we could do whilst we were there which was a shame. 


We left Byron heading to Brisbane, but stopped off at Springbrook National Park along the way. Apparently this is where I'm a Celeb… is filmed. We went and saw the amazing Natural Bridge which has been made naturally by water coming through the roof of a cave over millions of years. 

So that was (very briefly) our trip in Victoria and New South Wales. The next post will be Brisbane and further up the Queensland coast.

Megan x

No comments:

Post a Comment