Saturday 22 March 2014

The Perfect Travel Companion




Ah, love at first sight. It really was with this Nars At First Sight palette. Whilst I was thinking about packing for my recent trip away, I was deciding what make-up to pack. When I'm travelling, after the first few days I kind of give up on the whole make-up thing so I didn't want to pack the whole shebang, but knew I'd want something for nights out (and maybe just a touch of concealer for the mornings after). Not to mention I was obviously limited with space. 

I started thinking about a palette and came across this beauty whilst doing some holiday shopping on ASOS.com. In my opinion it is the perfect palette to pop in your travel make-up bag. The palette includes 2 cult Nars products, as well as 4 easy to wear eyeshadows. The first, and probably my favourite, is the Nars Laguna bronzer which is the most beautiful and wearable bronzer I've come across. It doesn't make you look orange at all, and just adds a lovely glow to the skin. Once I'd been away long enough and got myself a tan I started using this all over the face like a powder. It's really nice and subtle and would suit even pale skin tones. 

Next is the Nars Deep Throat blusher which is a gorgeous pinky/peach shade which I think would suit most skin tones, and just gives a nice natural, healthy colour to the cheeks. 

Then onto the eyeshadows which are (clockwise) - All About Eve (light beige with a slight shimmer), Nouveau Monde (lilac with a metallic shimmer), Bellissima (matte brown with grey undertone) and Cordura (dark brown with golden shimmer). I used all of these apart from Nouveau Monde which just isn't a colour I wear, I nearly always stick to browns, nudes and bronze/gold shades to suit my skin tone. But I think the combination of these shadows is just right for both day and night use.

I can't rave about this palette enough, and for £32 I think it is a complete bargain when you think that a full size Laguna Bronzer would cost £26 on its own. 

I'm not sure if this is still in stock anywhere now, but Nars are always bringing out similar palettes each season so keep your eyes peeled if you can't find this one. 

Megan x

No comments:

Post a Comment