Monday 25 March 2013

Benefit They're Real! V Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless


Whilst I was queueing up in Boots a few days ago I noticed there were small samples of the Benefit They're Real! Mascara by the till for half the price of a full sized one, and me being me, I couldn't resist. I've been wanting to try this mascara out for ages to see what all the fuss is about, but never actually got round to buying one. However, this is very similar to another favourite of mine, the Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless mascara, so I've decided to compare the two.

Let me first start by saying I really like both of these mascaras, but for me the products are very similar with a huge price difference. 


Benefit They're Real! has gained a huge cult following since it's launch last year, and can claim the title of the best selling mascara in the world, as well as the UK's best selling beauty product. That's quite some hype to live up to. I have only used this once, and so far I'm impressed. The wand is a plastic bristle brush which I know some people don't get on with, but I think it really works well with the product. The results were lengthened, volumised and curled lashes - just how I like them. The downside? The £18.50 price tag is not ideal, and this did dry very quickly making it harder to build up multiple coats.

The Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless mascara has become a favourite of mine recently whilst I was looking for a high street alternative to my high end options. I have really been enjoying using this as it gives great volume and length, and is long lasting. Comparing this to the Benefit mascara they are very similar and offer almost identical results for me, but the Benefit mascara does provide more length than Rimmel.

If I had to chose my favourite just from performance I think the Benefit They're Real! would win by a whisker, but I absolutely love the Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless and at £7.99 it is more than half the price of Benefit making it a much more affordable option.

Let me know what you think and if you've tried either of these products.

Megan x

No comments:

Post a Comment