Wednesday 6 March 2013

Monthly Favourites: February



This month I got a few new beauty products which I have absolutely loved, one for eyes, one for lips and two for the face. 


I absolutely adore two of the most expensive mascara's you can buy, which isn't ideal when you're not working for them anymore! But I find it so hard to find anything on the high street that comes close to either of them, until I found this beauty. The Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless Mascara has a plastic brush that seems to cling to each lash, giving length and volume. It's really buildable so you can keep them natural for the day or apply a few extra coats for the evening. I can't really report on the lash growth formula in this, I personally haven't seen a difference, but I have quite long lashes anyway so it might work if you have shorter lashes. I would definitely recommend this if you are looking for a good mascara to provide length and volume.

This is a cross between a lipstick and a lip balm and is really moisturising. If you want some colour on your lips but don't want the hassle of wearing a lipstick, this is perfect. I have the shade Berry Smoothie, which is a gorgeous deep berry pink but because it is quite sheer the colour comes out almost like a 'my lips but better' colour.

Again I've been looking for a cheaper alternative to my By Terry Touch Veloutee, and although this isn't a replacement for it at all, it is a very good concealer. I like that it has a wand applicator, which makes it easy to use and you can be quite precise about where you want to use it. I dab a few dots under my eyes and around the creases of my nose, as well as any blemishes on my skin. It's great for covering dark circles and it works really well with my Nars Sheer Glow foundation. 

This is something I have heard a lot about and I have wanted to try it for ages. I'm so happy I took the plunge and bought one because it is so good. It's not orangey at all which I hate in bronzers, and it applies really easily. It's definitely buildable too, so you can look as sun kissed as you want. I apply a little under my cheekbones to add definition and also a really small amount over the rest of my face to life my pale complexion! 

All in all it has been a successful month for beauty! I'm loving all of these products and I'm excited to try out some new things I've had my eye on for March.

Megan x

No comments:

Post a Comment