Friday 10 May 2013

Brand Spotlight: Oribe


Oribe (pronounced or-bay) is a brand I was introduced to sometime in 2011 as part of my old job, and I have to admit that I wasn't overly familiar with it before then. But my how that has changed. 



The range was created and named after famed Cuban session stylist Oribe Canales, who is big in the fashion, celebrity and editorial world. The range of products includes shampoos and conditioners, hair masks and styling products such as the cult Dry Texturising Spray. And boy, these products are good. 

This is just a can of amazingness. Firstly the product is housed in beautiful packaging, but the product is out of this world good. It's kind of promoted as an alternative to a dry shampoo, but personally I use it whenever (pretty much every day) I need to add volume and texture to my limp hair. Just a few small sprays along the roots and massage in, plus a few random sprays throughout the lengths and a good shake and you have the most amazing texturised, full head of hair. Whether you just want to add a bit of volume, or add full on texture for a messy look this product is your go to. The only downside? The price tag - at £38 for 300ml this isn't cheap, but it's so worth it. You can buy a handbag size for £18 as well if you can't bear to part with the full amount. 

This is beachy waves in a can without leaving the crispyness of a salt spray. Again the packaging is beautiful, but the product is even better. I used this religiously until it ran out and I can't fault it. You just need to spray on the lengths and ends of the hair for perfectly tousled beachy tresses. It's love. Again at £38 for 300ml it isn't on the cheap side but you can buy the handbag size for £18 as well. This is well and truly a must have.

The final part of my Oribe styling collection is the Superfine hairspray which is one of my favourites. I hate hairsprays that leave you with crispy, greasy looking hair but this does neither. The name says it all - Superfine - but it doesn't scrimp on the hold. It's like a heavy duty hair spray but with none of the bad bits. Plus it smells amazing, as do all of the products. They all have the same scent and it's so good I hear plans of a perfume as well. Superfine is £27.50 for 300ml, which again is a lot of money for a hair spray but all these products are just so darn good. I can't recommend them enough.

I could go on about Oribe products all day, I absolutely love them (my bank balance isn't so keen) and they will be firmly on the re-purchase list. Oribe products are available exclusively from Space NK.

Megan x

No comments:

Post a Comment