Thursday 2 May 2013

W. Travels: Edinburgh

A view of Edinburgh from the top of a hill

Last weekend I took a long overdue trip up to stay with my aunt who lives just outside of Edinburgh in East Lothian. I had such a lovely time and wanted to share some pictures and a bit about what we did whilst I was there. 


I arrived on Thursday evening after a highly traumatic journey up, so we just had a quiet evening with dinner and some TV. 

The beach walk

On Friday we had planned to venture into Edinburgh so that I could see some of the town and we had a dinner reservation at a vegetarian restaurant, but we started the day taking the dogs for a walk along the beach which was stunning. As you can see from the picture the weather was a bit hit and miss, but we managed to miss the rain.

We got back to the house and it started pouring (and hailing), so we decided a walk around the streets of Edinburgh probably wasn't the best plan, so we ended up spending the afternoon in John Lewis which was fine by me! 

The Menu (must remember to use flash!)

We then headed to the restaurant, David Bann's, which was amazing! There will be a full post on this to follow, but the food was incredible and I highly recommend it even if you aren't a vegetarian. 

The next day the weather was much nicer so we decided it would be a better day to explore Edinburgh, but we visited the local farmer's market first. We picked up so many delicious treats including freshly baked sourdough bread, loads of plants for the garden and even some live langoustines which freaked me out a little bit! Luckily I didn't have to go near them. 

Tart au Citron and tea

So onto Edinburgh and I got my own personal tour guide, my aunt's partner Monica who has liver there her whole life. We drove round to see different parts and then parked up in Bruntsfield to visit Monica's beautiful card shop, followed by a stop in an amazing French patisserie cafe where we had tea and cake. Delicious! 

We ended the day with dinner and a movie back at the cottage and I then set off home on Sunday morning. 

I had such a lovely time and I will definitely be back soon!

Megan x

No comments:

Post a Comment