Tuesday 28 May 2013

Rimmel Lycra Pro & Salon Pro Nail Varnish


It's no secret that I love Rimmel. I think they produce great products that are really affordable, but don't scrimp on the quality and these nail colours are no exception.


I picked up the first one, which is the Rimmel Lycra Pro in 317 Coral Romance because I actually thought that they were the Salon Pro and got confused on the names. Anyway, I'm glad I did get this by mistake as the colour is beautiful. The name 'Coral Romance' kind of gives it away, but it is a lovely reddy-coral and goes on quite sheer, and even on the second coat it's still not completely opaque like most nail varnish, but I actually really like the finish. The brushed are also amazing, they are nice and wide and quite flat meaning you can apply the colour really quickly and precisely - winner. 

Coral Romance on the nails

The other one I picked up is Rimmel Salon Pro in 500 Peppermint, which is the one I wanted to get in the first place (mainly for the Kate Moss hype which you can see here). I decided on this shade as I already have similar colours to a lot of the other ones (and this one as it turns out!). Again, the colour is beautiful but a little less sheer than the Lycra Pro, so if you're looking for a more solid colour definitely go for these ones.

There are loads of shades available in each and the brushes on both are the same, so really easy to apply. My last rave is that these are also some of the most long wearing formulas I have used. I'm on day three of Lycra Pro and barely a chip in sight after a birthday night out and unpacking boxes after moving house. I'm very impressed and will be snapping some more colours up soon!

Megan x

No comments:

Post a Comment