Friday 15 February 2013

New York Fashion Week: My Top 5 Looks

Marc Jacobs A/W13

I love fashion month. I think it's such an exciting time to see the newest trends on catwalk, as well as make-up and hair looks. Whether you are into fashion & beauty or not, it is going to affect you in some way. These designers, make-up artists and hairdressers are the best in the world, and they are who the high street are going to look to for inspiration for their next collections, whether it's a particular style, colour or fabric. Fashion affects us all, and I personally think it's pretty darn interesting. Also, how beautiful is this picture of the Marc Jacobs show?


I have been lucky enough to work a few seasons at London Fashion week, and as I am just observing from the outside for Autumn/Winter 2013 I thought I would put together a few of my favourite beauty looks to come out of New York Fashion Week.

Diane von Furstenberg

First up is a beautiful bright lip from Diane von Furstenberg. This look is totally wearable, and doesn't require too much effort. Just a simple base, neutral eye with a coat or two of mascara and swipe of a bright fushia over your lips and you are good to go. 

Marc Jacobs

Following on with the bold lip trend is Marc Jacobs and model of the moment (and my newest model obsession) Cara Delevingne. Nothing beats a classic red lip, and again this look is pretty simple. A flawless base partnered with a neutral eye, adding a touch of brown pencil underneath the bottom lashes works well with the bold, glossy lip. 

Thakoon

Over at Thakoon it was a completely different story with statement eye. As much as I love a bright lip, I think this is my favourite look so far. Make-Up Artist Diane Kendall used NARS to create this beautiful look by using a blue shadow as a base and layering gold glitter over the top. Stunning.

Oscar de la Renta

Lastly, and back to the bold lip, is Oscar de la Renta. Interestingly, Make-Up Artist legend Gucci Westman created four different beauty looks for the show, as she wanted to convey different types of girls - East Asian jet setter, sophisticate, urban chic and gypsy. My favourite of the four is urban chic, with this beautiful pop of orange colour on the lip to accompany dewy skin and minimal mascara. 

So that's my top 5 beauty looks from New York Fashion Week, and I think all of these are pretty wearable for different occasions. 

Next up is London Fashion Week which starts today, and I'll report back next week with my tops picks from our fashion capitol. 

Megan x

No comments:

Post a Comment