Monday 14 January 2013

Ace of Base


I've been looking for a new foundation for a while now, ever since my beloved By Terry Sheer Expert ran out. If I had the money or was still working in beauty I would have got this one again in a shot, but sadly I can't justify spending £44 on a foundation when I know there are others out there that will be just as good for half the price. 


I've been reading a lot recently about the Nars Sheer Glow and thought that this might be the answer to all my prayers. Now I know you will be thinking that this is probably just as pricey, and £29.50 is a lot of money still, but not nearly as much as the By Terry and with beauty you do get what you pay for so it's better to spend a little bit more for a product you know is going to be good. 

So I went along to John Lewis to be colour matched and ended up buying the shade 'Ceylan' which is described as 'light-medium with yellow undertone'. This is definitely the best match for my skin tone and I'm so happy with it. I don't like a huge amount of coverage and I don't need it either, but this seems to have just the right amount for me. It gives more coverage than the By Terry but is still not too much and doesn't feel cakey at all. It goes on really well and is easy to blend into the skin. I really love the finish and it feels nice on the skin. All in all, it's safe to say that I absolutely love this foundation and I'm so happy I decided to try it. Nars also does a Sheer Matte version which I haven't tried, but I guess the name gives it away and it is good for people with more oily skin, or prefer a matte finish. The only thing I need now is a pump because this doesn't come with one, but everywhere I tried were sold out so I'm going to have to wait a little bit longer for that.

Now with my new foundation in hand, I was in Boots and spotted the Real Techniques brushes which I have also heard a lot about recently. I have been eyeing up the Stippling Brush for a while now, and decided my lovely new foundation deserved it's very own brand new brush. So I caved in a bought this too, but I am so happy that I did because it is amazing. It's so much better than a normal foundation brush, and is so good for blending and giving a flawless finish. When I first used it I didn't feel like it was picking up much product, and then I put it on my face and it had indeed been taking a lot of the foundation and I found myself have to blend a lot more than normal. I've got the technique down now so it's so easy to use and really gives a great finish. I will definitely be looking at the rest of the range and am sure I will purchase some more brushed from the Real Techniques range.

I highly recommend both products and am very happy with my decision to get both!

Megan x

No comments:

Post a Comment