Saturday 26 January 2013

Leighton Denny 'Get Your Côte'



I recently got this gorgeous new colour from Leighton Denny called 'Get Your Côte' and couldn't wait to try it out. As you can see it's a beautiful turquoisey blue and I absolutely adore this shade. It's going to be perfect for spring/summer as it gives a lovely pop of colour but isn't too in your face and bright. 


So to apply, I started with the Nails Inc. Kensington Caviar Base Coat which is really good for nails on the dry side and also prevents staining (as will any base coat). I then applied a layer of 'Get Your Côte', let it dry for a few minutes and then applied a second coat. 

After another few minutes of drying time I applied one coat of Leighton Denny Crystal Finish which is a super fast drying top coat and also give the polish a lovely shine. I then finished off with a spray of Nails Inc. Fast Dry Spray which I couldn't find a link to, so I think it may have been discontinued upsettingly. It's almost like a dry oil that you spray onto your nails to help them dry a bit quicker. I've heard the Leighton Denny Miracle Mist is brilliant, and I'm sure other brands do something similar as well. Do let me know of any recommendations as I'm running low!

I'm not exactly sure when this shade will be launching, but I image it will probably be nearer to spring time. I'll let you know when I find out.

Well that's it! You obviously need to allow drying time as well, a good half an hour for them to be completely dry and you can touch up any mistakes either with a corrector pen or just a cotton bud dipped in nail varnish remover.

Thanks for reading.
Megan x

No comments:

Post a Comment