Tuesday 1 January 2013

My Skincare Routine


I thought I'd share with you the skincare products I use daily and why. Firstly I always take off my make up before I go to bed and can't stand the thought of sleeping with a full face of make up on, even after a night out. I'm lucky to have pretty good skin and have never suffered with spots, acne etc. but I think it is so important to look after your skin and use good quality products. So here goes, my daily skincare routine...


Eye Make-Up Remover
I use Garnier Simply Essentials Soothing Eye Make-Up Remover to take off my mascara and any other eye make-up I've been wearing. I have really sensitive eyes and need to use products that won't irritate them in any way, and this one is perfume, alcohol and colourant free which is perfect. I also prefer to use a water based eye make-up remover rather than a cream or facial cleanser. I use a small amount on a cotton wool pad and wipe gently until the make-up is removed.

Cleanser
I was introduced to Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish around three years ago and haven't used a different cleanser since. As well as sensitive eyes I also have quite sensitive skin and I find this cleanser really gentle but also removes all my make-up. I apply one pump to dry skin and then wash off with warm water using the muslin cloth provided. I don't have a negative word to say about this product, it really is a cult cleanser and I'm pretty sure I won't be finding a replacement anytime soon.

Moisturiser
I use Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser in Dry/Sensitive morning and night and again, I can't fault it. I'm only 23 so don't need to be using heavy, anti-ageing creams yet and this moisturiser is perfect. It has a fairly light consistency but is good enough to use all year round and suits my skin type really well. I don't think I will be finding a replacement for this one either.

Lip Balm
I am a lip balm addict. If I find out I have left the house without one then a wave of anxiety hits me and I rush to the next shop to buy one. My all time favourite lip balm is Nuxe Reve de Miel. It have a lovely thick consistency but doesn't feel heavy on the lips and also has such a nice fragrance to it. This is another natural skincare brand and the lip balm contains honey, shea butter and grapefruit extract to nourish and repair dry lips.

The last two products aren't ones I use on a daily basis, more when I feel I need to. Firstly the By Terry Huile de Rose is a beautiful facial oil that I tend to use when my skin feels a bit dry or in need of extra attention. I use a couple of drops after cleansing and it has an amazing rose scent which I absolutely love. Secondly, I use Liz Earle Eyebright when I need a little extra help waking up! This soothing herbal lotion is perfect to help tired eyes and really helps reduce puffiness and brighten eyes.

I hope you found this interesting and please get in touch if you have any questions.

Megan x

No comments:

Post a Comment