Sunday 20 January 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies

I borrowed this picture from Sheerluxe - the brownie's didn't last long enough for me to photograph!

So on a rainy Saturday a couple of weeks ago I decided to make some peanut butter chocolate brownies. I saw the recipe pop up in the Sheerluxe emailer and had to make them. I love peanut butter and I also love chocolate brownies so I thought what was not to like?! I've shared my baking experience below.


Ingredients


300g Plain Flour
240g Salted Peanuts
150g White Chocolate Buttons or Chips

180g Unsalted Butter
250g Dark Chocolate (I prefer Green & Blacks)
180g Smooth Peanut Butter
440g Soft Light Brown Sugar
4 Eggs

Method


Pre-heat the oven to 190°C and grease and line a 9.5 inch square baking tray (it doesn't have to be perfect)





Sift the flour into a mixing bowl and mix in the peanuts and white chocolate


Put the butter, dark chocolate and peanut butter into a heatproof bowl, and melt over a pan of simmering water (the bowl should not be touching the water). Whilst this is melting, beat the eggs in a separate bowl or jug


Once all the ingredients have melted, add the sugar and stir until it has dissolved


When all the sugar has dissolved, remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the beaten eggs


When egg and chocolate have combined, fold the mixture into the flour making sure you get right to the bottom of the bowl


Pour the mixture into your baking tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the top has cracked and it's still a bit wobbly in the middle


Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes and then transfer to a wire rack, or cut up straight away and eat whilst they are still warm. 

There you have it, peanut butter chocolate brownies!

Megan x

No comments:

Post a Comment